12.19.11

First Love

Posted in Uncategorized at 4:44 pm by Breana

Dear Reader,

Throughout the Fall semester 2011 the students in English 170w put together a blog/website about a short story of their choice.  This blog is about a short story written by Emilia Pardo-Bazan called First Love. This story was a good story that is slightly comical. This blog is a collection of assignments given to me by my Professor. Taking this course was slightly hard for me because the assignments given to me were hard to apply to this story. However, in the end I was happy that I did everything that was assigned to me. In this class I was able to analyze the short story with sources that I thought I would never use, like twitter. I definitely improved with learning to look for information in odd places and learning how to be a better literary reader. I still struggle with using what I learned and applying it to writing every time I write something. The assignment I am most proud of would have to be my Conference Presentation.  This was a good class in the end and now I have a website about First Love by Emilia Pardo-Bazan.

Enjoy,

Breana Ricketts

1.    Kevin L. Ferguson said,

December 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Good site. As you mentioned, you did pick a unique story, so I think it’s good to have added contextual information for readers not familiar with this author. Although, looking at your conference presentation assignment, it seems like you would say that this story shares universal values: obsession, attachment, love, etc. (And great idea to use flickr for embedding your presentation! I’ll have to share that trick with my next class.)