09.21.11

The Last Two Web Wednesdays…

Posted in Uncategorized at 9:56 pm by Breana

The last two Web Wednesdays have seemed to have ran smoothly for mostly everyone in the class except for me -__-. It seems like my laptop or a friend’s laptop will be just fine but as soon as 1:40 hits things will go haywire. Anyway, I manage to do what I can, but from now on I’m going home to do my Web Wednesdays. Although there is so much chaos on my end, I think the class as a whole still effectively uses web-based technologies in order to read and publish academic writing. We analyze poems on twitter and today we read about Second Life. Our homework for this weekend is starting the academic writing aspect of it. Over all, I think we are going to accomplish our goals, and Web Wednesdays will become something that is easy for us. Even if I’m the last one to feel that way.

Have a good day!

1.    mikadroz said,

September 21, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Sorry to hear that you’ve had such a difficult time! I’m glad that you think that we’ll accomplish our goals and that things will get easier, I hope they will as well. I noticed that this week was much easier than last week, as we’re a bit more familiar with the technology. Hope that things get easier for you!

2.    Henna said,

September 22, 2011 at 2:45 am

Despite your difficult adjustment to Web Wednesday (and I’d venture to say you’re not alone in that), it’s refreshing to foresee the accomplishment of goals.

If you would still prefer to “do” Web Wednesdays on campus, I would like suggest you check out the music library. There’s virtually no one there and I’ve found the aura quite conducive to “doing what I can do.”

Good luck, and perhaps your peers might be able to help you out with the technicalities, so you aren’t “the last one to feel that way”! I’m open to questions @dubHW.

3.    APMimz said,

September 22, 2011 at 2:48 am

It’s okay, you’ll get the hang of it. It took me a day or two to understand the first week, and I’m more used to the whole website and layout because I started my theme and everything the week before so I had already set up everything 😀
    It’ll get easier so good luck!

4.    Breana said,

September 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Thank you guys 🙂

5.    valinirohit said,

September 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I totally get your dilemma! I’ve had similar difficulties myself but we’ll all get a hang of it in no time. What’s great is the Professor and our fellow classmates are more than happy to help us. It’s a learning experience for all of us but we’ll be experts (well…maybe not experts) before the semester is finished.

6.    morgan92 said,

September 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Your comments are noble and honest. I am really sorry you faced so many problems in adjusting and I believe that you really are not alone. My first two weeks did not go as smoothly as I had hoped because of technological problems. Hopefully, we will all accomplish the goals and remember this class as a great one.

7.    morgan92 said,

September 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Breana your comments are noble and honest. I am really sorry you faced so many problems in adjusting and I believe that you really are not alone. My first two weeks did not go as smoothly as I had hoped because of technological problems. Hopefully, we will all accomplish the goals and remember this class as a great one.